St.Columba’s Acceptable Use Policy
The School has installed computers with internet access to help our learning.These rules will help keep us safe and help us to be fair to others.
Using the computers:
- I will not access other people’s files
Using the Internet:
- Access to the internet is through N.C.T.E. and sites are filtered by N.C.T.E.
- Our school website is our homepage
- I will not access social networking sites.
- I will ask permisssion from a teacher before using the internet.
- I will report any unpleasant material to my teacher immediately because this will help protect other pupils and myself.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
- I will not complete or send forms without permission from my teacher.
- I will not give my full name, my home address or my telephone number when completing forms.
- I will ask permission from my teacher before checking e-mail.
- I will immediately report any unpleasant messages sent to me because this would help protect other pupils and myself.
- I understand that e-mail messages I receive or send may be read by others.
- I will only send an e-mail when it has been checked by my teacher.
- I will not give my full name, my home address or my telephone number when e-mailing.
- I will not use e-mail to arrange to meet someone outside school hours.